Harry S. Sidhu, P.E.
Mayor Pro Tem
Gloria Sahagún Ma’ae
Dr. Jose F. Moreno
ANAHEIM CITY COUNCIL
§ ORDER OF BUSINESS: Public sessions of all regular meetings of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency/Housing Authority/Public Financing Authority/Housing and Public Improvements Authority begin at 5:00 P.M. Public hearings begin at 5:30 P.M. unless otherwise noted. Closed sessions begin at 3:00 P.M. or such other time as noted. Closed sessions may be preceded by one or more public workshops. If a workshop is scheduled, the subject and time of the workshop will appear on the agenda. Not all of the above agencies may be meeting on any given date. The agenda will specify which agencies are meeting. All meetings are in the Anaheim City Hall, Council Chamber, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805 or such other location as noted. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.2(a)(2), no action or discussion by the City Council shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except to briefly provide information, ask for clarification, provide direction to staff, or schedule a matter for a future meeting.
§ REPORTS: All agenda items and reports are available for review in the City Clerk’s Office and www.anaheim.net/councilagendas. Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the City Council regarding any item on this agenda (other than writings legally exempt from public disclosure) are available at the Office of the City Clerk, located at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., 2nd Floor, Anaheim, CA 92805 and by contacting the office by phone, 714-765-5166, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ PUBLIC COMMENTS: There are two Public Comment periods with speakers having one opportunity to address the City Council, except for scheduled public hearing items. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless a different time limit is announced. The City uses speaker cards that must be submitted to the City Clerk in order to address the City Council. Prior to the business portion of the agenda, the City Council and all other related agencies meeting on such date will convene in joint session for the first Public Comment period where speakers will be permitted to speak on specific agenda item(s). This first Public Comment period is limited to 90 minutes or until all agenda item speakers have been heard, whichever is later. Any remaining time shall be provided to non-agenda item speakers until the 90 minute time limitation is exhausted. The second Public Comment period will be opened by the Mayor if any non-agenda item speakers were not called during the first Public Comment period. For public hearings, the Mayor or Chairperson will separately call for testimony at the time of each public hearing. Testimony during public hearings is subject to the following time limits: Project applicant or issue initiator: twenty minutes for initial presentation and ten minutes for rebuttal; Residents within the noticed area of the subject property: ten minutes; All other members of the public: three minutes. Public hearings regarding legislative matters: five minutes. The Mayor or Chairperson may limit the length of comments during public hearings due to the number of persons wishing to speak or if comments become repetitious or irrelevant. Speakers shall refrain from profane language and other disruptive remarks or behavior which disrupts or disturbs the meeting, or risk being removed (AMC 1.12.017). Additionally, members of the public may correspond with the City Council and all other related agencies, on any agenda items or matters within the jurisdiction of such governing bodies, by submitting comments electronically for City Council consideration by sending them to email@example.com. To ensure distribution to the City Council prior to consideration of the agenda, please submit comments at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of the meeting. Those comments, as well as any comments received after that time, will be distributed to the City Council, posted on the City’s website, and will be made part of the official public record of the meeting. Current and archived public comments are available at www.anaheim.net/publiccomment. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 714-765-5166 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
§ ADDITIONS/DELETIONS: Items of business may be added to the agenda upon a motion adopted by a minimum 2/3 vote finding that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the attention of the City or Agency subsequent to the agenda being posted. Items may be deleted from the agenda upon request of staff or upon action of the Council or Agency.
§ CONSENT CALENDAR: Consent Calendar items will be acted on by one roll call vote unless a member(s) requests an item(s) be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
§ SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION
(TRANSLATION SERVICES: SEE LAST PAGE OF AGENDA FOR
DESCRIPTION IN ENGLISH): La ciudad provee servicios
de interpretación al español
en las juntas del Consejo.
La interpretación simultánea
al español se ofrece por medio del
uso de audífonos y la interpretación consecutiva (español a inglés) también está disponible
para cualquiera que desee dirigirse al Ayuntamiento, declarando su petición
en el podio. No tiene que usar
los servicios de interpretación de la Ciudad; las personas pueden proveer su propio intérprete,
si lo desean. Debido a que existen muchos dialectos y regionalismos, la
Ciudad no puede garantizar
que los intérpretes puedan traducir a un dialecto o regionalismo
en particular y rehúsa cualquier responsabilidad que surja de tales servicios. Para servicios de interpretación en otros idiomas, comuníquese con la oficina de la
Ciudad (City Clerk), cuando menos
48 horas antes de la junta programada.
Call to order the Anaheim City Council.
4:30 P.M. - CLOSED SESSION
(Subdivision (d)(1) of Section 54956.9 of the California Government Code)
(Subdivision (d)(1) of Section 54956.9 of the California Government Code)
Reconvene the Anaheim City Council.
PUBLIC COMMENTS (all agenda items, except public
(limited to 90 minutes, or until all agenda item speakers have been heard; any time remaining shall be provided to non-agenda item speakers)
1. Authorize an honorary sign near Maxwell Park to honor Anaheim resident, Esther Wallace (in the drive alley on Orange Street on the east side of the driveway into Maxwell Park) (continued from Council meeting of October 26, 2021, Item No. 04).
3. Determine, on the basis of the evidence submitted by KNT I Enterprises, LLC, that the property owner has complied in good faith with the terms and conditions of Development Agreement No. 2019-00001 for the 2021 review period for the 1600 West Lincoln Avenue mixed-use project (Mills Ford Site) (continued from Council meeting of October 26, 2021, Item No. 06).
4. Determine, on the basis of the evidence submitted by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., that the property owner has complied in good faith with the terms and conditions of Development Agreement No. 96-01 for the 2020-2021 review period for The Disneyland Resort Project located in the Anaheim Resort.
5. Award the construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder, Minako America Corporation dba Minco Construction, in the amount of $1,201,300, for the Miscellaneous Water Vault Nos. 10, 25, 49, and 94 Rehabilitations Project; authorize the Director of Public Works, to execute the contract and related documents, and to take the necessary actions to implement and administer the contract; determine that the project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act pursuant to Sections 15301(b), 15302(c), 15303(d), and 15304(f) of Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations; and authorize the Finance Director to execute the Escrow Agreement pertaining to contract retentions.
6. Award the construction contract to the lowest responsible bidder, HYM Engineering, Inc., in the amount of $985,435, for the Brookhurst Community Center - Teen Room Addition Project; authorize the Director of Public Works, to execute the contract and related documents, and to take the necessary actions to implement and administer the contract; determine the project is categorically exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act pursuant to Section(s) 15301(e), 15303(d), and 15304(a)(b)(f), as the project is identified as Class 1 (minor alteration to existing features), Class 3 (new construction or conversion of small structures), and Class 4 (minor land alteration) pursuant to Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations; and authorize the Finance Director to execute the Escrow Agreement pertaining to contract retentions.
7. Approve a Second Amendment to Agreement with FHN Financial Main Street Advisors, LLC, in the amount of $120,000 annually with a total not to exceed amount of $600,000, extending the term of the agreement by five (5) years for portfolio management services; and authorize the Finance Director/City Treasurer, or designee, to execute the amendment and any related documents, and take the necessary or advisable actions to implement and administer the amendment.
8. Approve the Final Map and Subdivision Agreement with AG Essential Housing CA 3, L.P. for Tract No. 19017 located at 1621-1699 Lincoln Avenue, to establish a one lot subdivision for condominium purposes to construct 115 attached, single family condominium units (continued from Council meeting of October 26, 2021, Item No. 14).
9. RESOLUTION NO. A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ANAHEIM vacating public service easements located upon Assessor's Parcel Numbers 085-641-29 and 365-491-01 pursuant to California Streets and Highways Code Section 8330, et seq. - Summary Vacation (ABA2020-00403) [equestrian trail, Tract Map 10973, and pedestrian and equestrian trail, Tract Map 10974; trail between E. Coral Circle and E. Camino Grande].
10. RESOLUTION NO. A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ANAHEIM approving an Owner Participation Agreement, substantially in the form attached, by and between the City of Anaheim and Lab Holding, LLC; authorizing the City Manager to finalize such Owner Participation Agreement; authorizing the City Manager to implement such Owner Participation Agreement; and making certain other findings in connection therewith [development of property located at 275 and 375 Santa Ana Street, Project Site No. 2, The Lumberyard].
11. RESOLUTION NO. A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OFANAHEIM authorizing participation in the State Rental Assistance Program - Round 2 (authorizes the City Manager to execute all documents and agreements required in connection with the City’s administration of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program; Block Grant-2 Award in a total amount not to exceed $9,772,067.36).
12. ORDINANCE NO. (INTRODUCTION) AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF ANAHEIM amending the Zoning Map referred to in Title 18 of the Anaheim Municipal Code relating to Zoning (Reclassification No. 2020-00331) (DEV2019-00013) (removing the Mobile Home Park (MHP) Overlay Zone from the project site) (156 unit single-family residential project located at 200 West Midway Drive).
Youth Commission (2 appointments):
District 2 appointments:
(two (2) appointments)
16. This is a public hearing to 1) consider and discuss draft Council District Maps submitted to the City; 2) receive and file public input on communities of interest, district boundaries, and draft maps; and 3) provide direction on any revisions to draft maps.
Council Communications/Agenda Requests: